1) You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word. Psalms 119:114
Means: We will find our solace and safety with the Lord. It is the Word of God that gives us the strength and hope.
2) “Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.” Proverbs 21:21
Means: If one keeps the Holy Commandments, one is assured to be blessed by God. That is the promise of the Lord.
3) For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:Ecclesiastes 3:1
Means: God knew us before we were born and his mighty and timely help is a promise to each of us.
4) “Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.” Psalm 25:4 Means: We need the Lord’s help and guidance to live our lives as per the will of God.
5) “ If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I am commanding you today, by loving the Lord your God, walking in his ways, and observing his commandments, decrees, and ordinances, then you shall live and become numerous, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to possess.”Deuteronomy 30:16
Means: When we live our lives in ways pleasing to God, God showers his graces and blessings upon us.
6) “ For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.” Matthew 16:25
Means: Those who live their lives conformed to this world, may not abide by the Word of God. But, those who abide by God’s word receive eternal life and glory.
7) Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35
Means: It is the Holy Eucharist and Holy Scriptures that give us the peace, blessings to live on earth and thereafter in the kingdom of God. For it is the Bread of Life and the Word of God that is the source of Life and Salvation.
8) But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”Instead, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct;for it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16
Means: As Jesus Christ obeyed God the Father and his commandments, so, should we. We are called to live holy lives pleasing to the Lord.
9) “For thus says the Lord to the house of Israel: Seek me and live;” Amos 5:4
Means: We should pray to the Lord everyday of lives as we belong to the Lord and are his people.
10) “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit that dwells in you.” Romans 8:11
Means: For it is Holy Trinity of Abba Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit that lives in us to lead us. Our body is the temple of the Lord, hence, the Holy Spirit dwells within us to give us eternal life.
11) “As you know, we dealt with each one of you like a father with his children,urging and encouraging you and pleading that you lead a life worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory.”Thessalonians 2:11-12
Means: It is our duty to live a righteous and holy life so as to be deserving to be in the Kingdom of God.
12) “ am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
Means: God has a plan and purpose for each one of us and until we fulfil this mission we shall not depart from this earth.
13) “ For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
Means: One should believe and have faith in the Lord without any scope for doubts, mistrust. As Faith and hope are the fruits of prayers.
14) “Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
Means: As we all belong to the Kingdom of God, there is no individual or influence that is mightier than the Almighty God. So we need not fear.
15) “blessed be the Lord, for he has heard the sound of my pleadings.The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
Means: The Lord knows all our sufferings, it is in him, we find our help and refugee. It is the Lord we should trust, hope, pray, worship and give our thanksgiving to.
16) “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; Psalm 46:1-3
Means: Abba Father, Jesus Holy Spirit, Mother Mary love us unconditionally irrespective of our trials.
17) “Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his presence continually.” 1 Chronicles 16:11
Means: To have the presence of God in our lives, we should praise, worship and honour him as well as abide by his words.
18) “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”Hebrews 11:1
Means: One should have an unwavering faith in the Lord. To hope and have faith will yield the fruits of prayer.
19) “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart,”Jeremiah 29:11-13
Means: God knows what is best for us – our lives and spiritual well being. For he rescues us from our sufferings and transgressions when we pray and ask his interventions.
20) “Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
Means: For God’s love is unconditional and everlasting which will give us eternal peace unlike the worldly possessions.
21) “You shall worship the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from among you.” Exodus 23:25
Means: It is through prayer and worship that we find our salvation. It is the Holy Eucharist that gives us eternal life.
22) “When Jesus heard this, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.”Mark 2:17
Means: Jesus Christ died on the cross to redeem us of our sins and to renew our lives and tepid souls that went astray.
23) “And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he had prayed for his friends; and the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.”Job 42:10
Means: It is very pleasing to the Lord when we pray for others, God showers his graces on both. This releases the blocks and bondages too.
24) “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. John14:1 Means: One should have faith in Abba Father and Jesus Christ to be relieved of all troubles.
25) “ sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4 Means: When called upon Jesus Christ, he relieves one of all the sufferings and trials.
26) “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it Matthew 6:34
Means: Each day has it’s own share of troubles and worries. Instead we should surrender our lives to the Lord.
27) 2 Timothy 4:18 “The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Means: Jesus Christ saves us from our transgressions and inequities so that we may enjoy everlasting life in heaven.
28) 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
Means: Jesus Christ gives one the graces and strength to endure the sufferings, temptation and trials that is bearable to one. This essential for one’s sanctification.
29) The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, but the Lord tests the heart. Proverbs 17:3
Means: Just the way gold and silver need to be refined so do our souls, hearts, minds, bodies in order to find favour with the Lord, to be in God’s Kingdom
30) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
Means: One is blessed with graces and eternal life as a reward for living a righteous life. While, one has to face the consequences of sins. For it is one’s own inequities that punishes the person and not God..
31) Colossians 3:2 – “Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.”
Means : Though it is important to live our lives righteously and well on earth. It is pertinent to abide by the Holy Commandments so as not be conformed to this world and it’s worldly possessions.